Monday, December 15, 2008

Xmas Cards

Do you still get these? Xmas cards, I just don't get why we send them. In this day and age where parents have to fucking text message their own kids to come downstairs for dinner, we sent and receive millions of Xmas cards. It's like we've regressed back to the 1800's to communicate. I talk to you guys almost every day but you find it necessary to send me a card with your family picture. But you know what, I am alright with that. Its the holidays and it is nice to see the family picture that you picked out after spending endless hours trying to decide which one you look less fat in.

I have two gripes.

1. If you send me a card and all you can muster up to say is. "merry Xmas from John and Sue"don't send me the card. Really? Are we that close that we have spoken so recently that we have covered everything. No I get this shit from people I haven't spoken to in exactly one year, when I got their last Xmas card.
2. I do like to see the pictures of the families. You know the cute ones with the babies or the corny shot of the family dog with the Santa hat on. I really do like it, it's nice. But what if you got a card with a picture of just the couple. No kids or cute dog, just the two of them with the horrendously ugly sweaters and stupid grins. I could see if your wife got a boob job and you were like "Damn, look at those toys I get to play with." But just the two of you. It's WEIRD. Please save that stamp and give that quarter or how ever much it cost to mail a letter to the salvation army.

P.S. Darryl told me to get a couple of your addresses, our X-mas cards need to go our this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment